Turlingtons balsam dating bottle dating articles new york times

Bateman's Pectoral Drops: the patentee was not a physician named Bateman, however, but a businessman named Benjamin Okell, in league with a group of venturesome promoters with a warehouse and printshop in Bow Churchyard.

Two decades later, Michael and Thomas Bretton patented "An Oyl extracted a Flinty Rock for the Cure of Rheumatick and Scorbutick and other Cases." The next year a Reading apothecary, John Hooper, was given a patent for the manufacture of "Female Pills" bearing his name.

When making use of this survey it should be remembered that all the items are unstratified and consequently can neither date the structures with which they may be associated nor by virtue of their archaeological provenance provide dating for each other.

Consequently the given dates are based, not on their archaeological context, but on parallels from elsewhere, dated collectors' items, or more frequently by unsupported opinions.

Richard Stoughton's Elixir was the second compound medicine to be granted, in 1712, an English patent.

In 172 6 a patent was also granted for the making of Dr.

Daffy's Elixir and Lockyer's Pills were also first made in the 17th century, the Elixir the invention of a provincial clergyman.The Wythe property was excavated in seven major subdivisions, namely areas, A-1, A-2, and "Central Area" which encompassed the two lots occupied during the Wythe ownership and areas A-3, A-4, A-5, and A-6, which are on the lot to the west of the two Wythe lots and became a part of the property after the Wythe ownership.(See the report by Mary Goodwin dated February 1958, THE GEORGE WYTHE HOUSE ITS FURNITURE AND FURNISHINGS for a full discussion of the property ownerships and occupancies.) The artifacts recovered from the excavation of the South Well in 1958 are included in this report and are presented in the same detail as finds dating from earlier periods because it is important to identify material which post-dates as we" as that which pre-dates the period of restoration.Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.Some of the "finds" appear to have been recovered from cellars or pits which may have been used as disposal areas for refuse. This well was 4' in diameter, seemingly unlined and undated, but was used in evidence in the identification of the supposed kitchen and dairy.

341

Leave a Reply